Are you an aspiring software engineer with a visionary mindset, eager to explore the wonders of the universe? Do you yearn to contribute to ground-breaking research on distant galaxies and share those extraordinary discoveries with the world? If this resonates with you, we have an exciting opportunity that aligns with your aspirations!
At ASTRON, we provide an environment where you collaborate with experts from diverse fields, fostering a culture of mutual support. Our inspirational atmosphere offers the perfect playground for innovation, where everyone has an equal opportunity to thrive and grow.
Moreover, at ASTRON we constantly push the boundaries of what is technologically possible to make discoveries in radio astronomy happen. We are constantly at the forefront of innovation, driving advancements that benefit the industry and society as a whole.
Committed to decreasing our organizational footprint, we explore circular and green computing solutions in partnership with others. Furthermore, we are dedicated to increasing staff diversity and creating a safe and inclusive workplace, we are especially interested in applications from women and underrepresented groups.
On top of that, the ASTRON premises are situated in a fantastic area in the middle of a beautiful Natural Park. We are surrounded by stunning scenery, which makes the lunch walks we have feel like a vacation and where we often have hares and deer grazing around the building.
Unleash your potential
Play a vital role in our Science Data Centre (SDC). In the SDC we strive to maximize scientific impact of our world-leading instrumentation portfolio. Our team offers software, tools, and infrastructure to empower scientific breakthroughs and fueling scientific collaboration, with the astronomical community and (inter)national partners. As a dedicated and passionate software engineer, you will contribute to the development of the SDC within our dynamic SCRUM team.
What you can expect from us:
- An inspiring, innovative, and pleasant working environment with an international and inclusive work culture.
- Opportunities and encouragement to grow and develop yourself and your career.
- The exceptional combination of astronomy, operations and engineering in one building.
- Employment conditions tailored to your needs (part-time appointment, parental leave, working from home, etc.).
- A temporary appointment in the service of the Netherlands Foundation of Scientific Research Institutes (NWO-I) for a duration of 2 years (with a possible contract for an indefinite period based on good performance).
- A gross monthly salary in the range of €3019 to € 4789 (full-time salary), based on relevant experience, an 8% holiday allowance and a of 8.33% year-end bonus
- A comprehensive and solid pension scheme (ABP).
- 42 vacation days per year on a full-time basis.
- Ambitious colleagues who are driven by collaboration in an international work environment.
We strongly believe that progress, creativity and innovation is only possible in an inclusive environment, and therefore we value the unique skills and qualities you bring to the table. While we appreciate a range of software engineering expertise, please note that not ticking all the boxes does not diminish our interest in your application. Therefore, we warmly welcome everyone and in particular women and individuals from underrepresented groups to apply for an interview.
Calling all talented software engineers who:
- Have experience working full-stack while being part of a scrum team.
- Have experience with continuous integration and delivery tooling.
- Enjoy OO-programming, unit testing, design patterns, and SOLID principles.
- Like to apply principles from XP, DevOps, and Agile.
- Experience with HTML/CSS is a bonus.
To discover firsthand experiences of colleagues who love working at ASTRON click this link.
Collaboration at our office sparks some of the best ideas and solutions to complex problems. Therefore, we work at least 60% of our time at ASTRON.
For more information about this vacancy please contact Tom Kamphuis via email@example.com.
Looking forward to you application
To apply for this opportunity, please submit your curriculum vitae and a short cover letter with your motivation via the 'Apply now' button below.
The first closing date is 12-06-2023 at 09:00 AM. We aim to have the first round of interviews in week 26.