When looking at software development you are convinced of the power that agility brings to the teams, the people, and its products. Maybe you are a person who has a Kanban board at home to keep track of the tasks you want to get done, or once every X months you have a retrospective with your partner to determine how things are going in the household. Whatever the situation, you have agile tools at your disposal to come to a solution. Gazing at the stars at night you dream about new frontiers, unexplored worlds, and hidden possibilities.
We are looking for an agile coach or a scrum master who is willing to support ASTRON to create scientific value faster by enabling people, teams, and the organization to apply agile practices and methodologies. Are you driven by the desire to improve collaboration between people and teams? Do you have a keen eye on interaction within the organization observed from an agile perspective? Do you use empiricism to grow people, teams, and the organization? And do you want to do all of this in a scientific environment focused on (radio-)astronomy? Then you are the person that ASTRON is looking for to further grow our agile mindset!
We are ASTRON, and we make discoveries in radio astronomy happen via the development of novel and innovative technologies, the operation of world-class radio astronomy facilities — such as LOFAR — and the pursuit of fundamental astronomical research.
Your journey within ASTRON will start in the Software Delivery group, where the software that runs our instruments, the storage of data, and the services that consume that data, are built and function properly. We are talking about a lot of data, petabytes every year, that need quick and accurate processing. Within this group, we have three teams and we are looking for an agile coach or scrum master who can work with two of these teams as a scrum master. Next to this, you play an important role in collaboration with the head of the group and other active colleagues to further develop the agile mindset within the department and the organization.
We are looking for someone…
- With a growth mindset;
- Who knows what it is to be a servant leader, and to coach, collaborate, motivate, navigate conflict, and continuously improve;
- With experience in coaching teams and organizations;
- With experience in agile frameworks, like Scrum or SAFe;
- Who introduces practical solutions to challenges.
Maybe you don’t tick all of the above, or you feel we have painted a too narrow description of what a scrum master should do. In all of these cases, we would like to get in contact with you! Please apply to our vacancy and we can discuss the position, the challenges, and the bright future together at our amazing office in Dwingeloo.
What we offer is the following:
- A full-time, 40 hours/week (hours are negotiable) temporary appointment in the service of the Netherlands Foundation of Scientific Research Institutes (NWO-I) for the duration of 2 years with an option for a permanent contract based on good performance;
- Scale 11 (cao WVOI, €3984,- – €5480,-) salary depending on relevant experience;
- a holiday allowance of 8% and a year-end bonus of 8.33% of the gross annual salary;
- a solid pension scheme (ABP);
- 42 vacation days per year on a full-time basis;
- employment conditions tailored to your needs (part-time appointment, parental leave, working from home/ remote working options, etc.);
- opportunities and encouragement to grow and develop yourself and your career;
- ambitious colleagues who are driven by collaboration in an international work environment;
- beautiful premises in the heart of one of Drenthe’s National Parks.